Imperial Auto-Thick Systems
On-Demand Beverage Thickening for Residents with Dysphagia – The Condition of Difficulty With Swallowing.
See How We Do It – Part 1 Introduction
- Controlled and precise dispensing of thickened juices and beverages. Pre-hydrated, always consistent, no hand mixing or waiting.
- Efficient delivery system substantially reduces thickened product costs.
- Nectar and Honey choices and specifications.
- Increase variety & selection of thickened beverages for users. Potential to thicken all Imperial products.
- Simplified and reduced inventory saves space and money.
- Go Green – bulk Bag-In-Box packaging reduces waste vs. plastic bottles and single serve containers.
Thickened beverages are an important part of senior care food service, with various problems found in their manual production and hydration. The cost and limited selection of pre-packaged thickened products, and the related inventory and storage issues continues to present a growing need for an alternative, superior solution.
The Active Wellness® Auto-Thick Thickened Beverage System – where appropriate to site usage – is designed to be combined with your regular automated juice and beverage systems. It utilizes a convenient “Nectar and Honey Water Base Sub-System” to enable a wide selection of desired products to be provided in a precise and controlled system as they are needed. Pitcher filling w/ cup service as optional is an ideal, flexible service method. The Auto-Thick System can also be provided as a separate, stand-alone system.
See How We Do It – Part 2
The more you know:
Dysphagia – The Condition of Difficulty With Swallowing (Source: www.mayoclinic.org)
- A disorder of the throat or esophagus that prevents movement of food and liquids to the stomach.
- Can occur at any age, but is most common in older adults.
- Complications include: Dehydration, Pneumonia, Malnutrition, and Upper Respiratory Infections.
- Treatment: Thickened liquids, often prescribed by Speech Pathologists, Registered Dieticians, and Physicians.